FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I need to bring for my swimming lesson?
- A swimming costume – ideally a one-piece for girls and tight fitting swimming trunks for boys (please try and avoid baggy below the knee board shorts)
- A swim hat (we sell these online and at our sites at £3.00 per hat)
- Goggles – we recommend either Zoggs or Speedo
- A towel
- Recommended – flip-flops or crocs (particularly at South Harringay and St. John’s)
What course of instruction do you teach?
We teach the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming – full information can be found by clicking the link below;http://www.swimming.org/learntoswim/asa-learn-to-swim-awards-1-7/
How warm are the pools?
- Campsbourne pool – 32 degrees celsius
- St. John’s pool – 31 degrees celsius
- South Harringay pool – 31 degrees celsius
Can I view the swim lessons?
We actively encourage you to watch and at all times you should remain present within the building.
Can I speak to you if my child has a problem with their swimming classes?
Yes, please do – we want your child to be happy swimming and will do what we can to meet their/your needs. Please don’t hesitate to e.mail us or call Andy to discuss.
My child is missing a lesson this week, can I get a refund?
I’m afraid that we don’t refund missed classes for personal reasons unless there is a long-term issue. We are happy to accommodate your child in a class on a different day if we have space to do so.
How long are the Lessons?
Childrens lesson and private classes are 30 minutes long in duration. Adult lessons are 45 minutes long in duration.
My child has been sick / has suffered from diarrhoea, are they ok to swim?
In a nutshell No! If suffering from sickness, please avoid swimming lessons for one week minimum and if diarrhoea please do not attend for two weeks – email us to discuss if you have any other concerns
What are the changing facilities like?
The changing facilities vary by pool:
- Campsbourne has very basic changing rooms, separate boys and girls rooms, no showers and one toilet. Baby change mats are available – please ask!
- St. John’s has seperate changing rooms for boys and girls with some cubicles and showers, 2 toilets in each changing room
South Harringay has separate boys and girls changing rooms, girls have two toilets in changing area, boys no toilet in changing room both have showers